We welcomed inspectors from Ofsted on Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th October 2012. Below is a brief summary of our latest Ofsted Report. You can read their full report and view previous Ofsted reports about our ‘good’ school here.
- There have been marked improvements in teaching and pupils’ progress over the past three years. This is the result of the strong leadership provided by the headteacher.
- Pupils achieve well. By the time pupils leave at the end of Year 6, the standard of their work is consistently above average in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Teaching is most often good and is sometimes outstanding. Teachers explain new learning clearly and make sure that pupils have plenty of opportunities to practise new skills. As a result, pupils make good progress.
- Behaviour is outstanding. Pupils show great respect for all members of the school community. They say that they always feel safe and are very well cared for.
- Pupils take a pride in their school and are keen to learn.
- Leaders and managers at all levels, including the governing body, check the school’s effectiveness regularly and closely.
To view our latest R.E inspection click here.